Advanced Certificate in Information Technology - Software Engineering
DURATION: 6 MONTHS
The 6-month program you mentioned provides a basic understanding of relational database software SQL Server and Microsoft Office tools. The program is designed to help students understand the programming logic behind building databases.
Some of the specific topics that may be covered in the program include:
- Introduction to SQL Server: covers the basics of SQL Server and its components, including SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Integration Services.
- T-SQL Fundamentals: teaches students the basics of Transact-SQL (T-SQL), the programming language used in SQL Server.
- Database Design: covers the basics of database design, including data modeling, normalization, and entity-relationship diagrams.
- SQL Server Data Management: teaches students how to manage data in SQL Server, including data import, export, and backup and recovery.
- SQL Server Security: covers the basics of securing SQL Server, including user management, permissions, and encryption.
- Microsoft Office Tools: covers the basics of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and how they can be used in conjunction with SQL Server.
The program is designed to give students a solid foundation in SQL Server and its related tools, as well as a basic understanding of programming logic and database design. The exact course content may vary depending on the institution offering the program, but the general themes and topics described above are typically included.